Tuesday, August 27, 2013

destination: parish foods & goods

Okay, okay, I know ... as much as I eat and love food, I need to get better at posting about it. I've actually cooked many news things over the past couple of weeks and gone to a couple of really good, new restaurants, so the information is forthcoming.

For today's post, we have Parish Foods & Goods in the Old Fourth Ward/Inman Park area. Let's be honest ... I think I've already raved about my love for Concentrics Restaurants based first and foremost on a cool website with awesome logos. I am a sucker for creative and a great aesthetic, so I immediately got sucked in and made it our goal to visit all of their restaurants (10 total) within the first year we lived here. Well, we have officially been here a year and haven't quite made it to all of them yet, but we are working on it. With HD1 closing and now becoming a Flip Burger, we have one less to hit over the next few months.

Also, although it ends in just a few days at the end of August, the Concentrics group has had a Summer Swag coupon for 50% off their participating restaurants so we recently took advantage of this at Parish.

Parish is an southern american restaurant with a great relaxed vibe inside. Downstairs, they have a market with freshly made sandwiches, salads, soups, breads, pastries, etc. I didn't get to partake in this as I went in the evening, but it was interesting to see this setup inside the restaurant.

So, what did we eat? I failed to get a picture of the appetizers as they came out as we devoured them. Their garlic fries just surpassed Alon's fries in my mind, so well done on that. Below are some pics.


Menu (sorry for the weird centerpiece shadow):
Or view PDF here.


Appetizer/Nosh: We had the Rosemary & Garlic Fries (to die for), Lemony Hummus (just okay but not a big hummus fan) and Pimento & Spiced Bacon Lil' Biscuits (good but the fries won this round for sure). Pictured below is a Lil' Biscuit.


Entrees:
I had the Seasonal Vegetable Lasagna. I genuinely have no idea what was in it, but I kinda like that. It was super fresh as I could tell they used seasonal ingredients, and I absolutely loved it.


Now that's a beautiful plate.

And, on to my husband's dish .... Fried Chicken. Neither one of us were big fans of this, but then again, we do not really ever eat fried chicken. It looks good, but the batter tasted very similar to a funnel cake, which was a bit much for me. I saw overwhelming reviews online of others loving their fried chicken, but I wouldn't recommend. 



All in all, I will definitely go back again although I wasn't a fan of my husband's dish. We will give them another try ... once we hit up the remaining Concentrics establishments.


No comments:

Post a Comment