Sunday, July 07, 2013

favorite product: sun-bird general tso's chicken

This General Tso's mix (pictured below) is somewhat hard to find, but it is one of our favorite quick and go-to Chinese meals to make at home. You will find it in the international/Asian aisle at your grocery store along with several other mixes by the same company, depending on what your store carries. Just a warning though ... we tried a couple of other mixes by this company and didn't really care for them. So, this is the only one, at this time, that I would recommend, and I usually buy about 10 packs at a time. I obviously love this stuff, and since we had it for dinner tonight, I felt I needed to share it with the world. 

It is one of those dry mixes that you will need to add a couple of items to - sugar, soy sauce (or liquid aminos), water and obviously, chicken. It's a bit spicy, makes a nice amount of sauce and only takes 15 or so minutes to make. The instructions say to bread/fry the chicken before mixing in the sauce, but I usually omit this step, making it a bit healthier. We typically cook a brown or jasmine rice and stir fry veggies of some kind with this.

If you can't find it, you can talk with the store manager about ordering it for you, especially if they have other mixes by the same company. I've done this before, and I just buy out their stock when it comes in. Yes, a little obsessed, but it's totally worth it. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment